Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Recycle - Reuse - Renew

Hello Everyone and welcome back to another challenge 
here at The Sisterhood of Crafters!  
We are so glad you've come to join in the fun!

As you can tell by the title, today's challenge is all about

RECYLING, REUSING or RENEWING
the things you have laying around the house 
or in your crafting area!

So, when you are creating your card or project, 
please be sure to use at least one 'recycled' item on it and let us know in your description what that item is.

Now, here are a few inspirational pieces from me and
my fabulously talented 'sistahs' to help get you started ...
 
I chose to RECYCLE an empty Cricut Cartridge Box  into a birthday gift for my friend Lona
who is a true 'tea tottler'

AND ... also found time to REUSE another item that has been sitting in my 'cave' for a couple of years.  It's the BOX that my DH's tri-fold wallet came in a couple of Christmas's ago.


has recycled this baby formula can into a beautiful canister.



AND, here it is with flowers in it.  FABULOUS idea Lisa!!

TANIS
has also chosen to alter a tin.   What a fabulous gift giving container!  I can picture this filled with candies, dried fruit or a selection of so many other things!!



Now it's YOUR TURN!  I'm sure you can find something laying around that can be turned into an amazing work-of-art ... and we can't wait to see what you create!

You have until Sunday, April 22th, 8PM EST to play along.

Please remember only 3 entries. 
The TOP Sister and Sisterhood Top 3 winners will be announced on Tuesday, April 24th.








7 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Fantastic recycling, renewing or reusing ladies! Very inspirational, take careX:)

Diane Davies said...

Beautiful work ladies!! : D

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wobderful 3Rs in the DT creations. My 3R item is the adonna pjs ribbon I tied on my Earth Day card.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

CraftyGirl said...

Nice to be able to use some of what we have. Great challenge. I used an old button that use to be on a coatand some jute I have had forever.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl

Misty's said...

Thank you for this challenge and all the stunning creations by your DT. Great way to recycle!
Michaela xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

I love recycling and most of my projects have some recycled element ..loved seeing all the DT inspiration sheer gorgeousness!!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Resham M said...

Hello... The link that I posted for this challenge is actually a year old. I'm not sure if that satisfies the challenge's entry criteria.